This little piggy has the flu. Yes, the H1N1 (swine) flu. So that explains the stubborn fever!!
Or at least they're fairly sure it's the swine flu. They test for the influenza strain, which will come back positive for either the swine or regular flu virus. Hers came back positive almost immediately; the doctor was a little surprised at the quick result. And since the regular strain hasn't hit this area yet plus a quick result, it is automatically assumed it must be swine flu.
The good news, per the doctor, is that she's already over the peak and is already on her way to getting better. All the added crazy symptoms each day are a show that her body is ridding itself of the nasty virus. She said home rest is the best medicine, but we also opted to add Tamiflu to try and speed up the recovery by a couple of days. I keep finding stories about children starting to get better on their own, just to take a horrible turn for the worse so I'm thinking better safe than sorry.
I'm taking full advantage of some lap time with her, and extra time to get out my camera. Even as sick as this little piggy is... she still makes the flu look good!!!
2 comments:
That outfit is too cute, and I can't wait for Nevin Claire to wear bows like that!
She's cute even when she's sick. I hope she feels better soon!
Post a Comment